Umma Habiba is currently working as the Lecturer in Mechanical Department.Previously, she worked as Research Assistant in the University of Malaya. She was a technical consultant of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce.
Umma Habiba has published several ISI indexed journal articles and attended international conferences. Habiba’s H-index with Web of science as a scholar is 5 in her area of expertise. She has conducted research on steel, polymers, nanotechnology and wastewater treatment.
Umma Habiba received her MEngSc in 2016 from Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Malaya. Her research was on the field of “Advance material”. She was graduated from the Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh in 2013. His undergraduate thesis was on Corrosion of steel. She completed her Secondary and Higher Secondary education from Dhaka Board, Bangladesh in 2004 and 2007 respectively.
Umma Habiba born in Netrokona. She is the youngest child of four of her parents; Late Fazlul Haque Bhuiyan and Lipi Haque. She is married to Tawsif Ahmed Siddique.
- Effect of deacetylation on property of electrospun Chitosan/PVA nanofibrous membrane and removal of Methyl orange, Fe (III) and Cr (VI) ions. Carbohydrate Polymer, 177: 32-39, 2017 (Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed).
- Effect of Degree of Deacetylation of chitosan on adsorption capacity and reusability of Chitosan/Polyvinyl alcohol/TiO2 Nano Composite, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 104: 1133-1142, 2017(Impact Factor= 3.671, ISI indexed).
3.Synthesis of Chitosan/Polyvinyl alcohol/Zeolite Composite for Removal of Methyl orange, Congo red and Chromium (VI) by Flocculation/Adsorption, Carbohydrate Polymer, 157: 1568-1576, 2017.(Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed)
- Adsorption of divalent heavy metal ion by mesoporous-high surface area chitosan/poly (ethylene oxide) nanofibrous membrane, Carbohydrate Polymer, 157 (10): 57-64, 2017. (Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed).
- Chitosan/ (Polyvinyl Alcohol)/Zeolite Electrospun Composite Nanofibrous Membrane for Adsorption of Cr6+, Fe3+ and Ni2+. Journal of HazardousMaterials, 322: 182-194, 2017. (Impact Factor= 6.065, ISI indexed)
- Adsorption and photocatalytic degradation of anionic dyes on Chitosan/PVA/Na–Titanate/TiO2 composites synthesized by solution casting method, Carbohydrate Polymer, 149 (7): 317-331, 2016. (Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed)
- Influence of hydrolysis on electrospinnability of Chitosan/Polyvinyl Alcohol blends solution and fiber diameter distribution, Sains Malaysiana, 45(1): 29–34. 2016. (Impact Factor= 0.47, ISI indexed)
- Synthesis and Characterization of Polyvinyl Alcohol/Zinc Hydroxide, KeyEngineering Materials, 701: 307-311, 2016.
- Ionic liquid entrapment by electrospun polymer nanofibre matrix as a high conductivity polymer electrolyte, RSC Advances 5(60):48217-48223 ·2015. (Impact Factor= 3.108, ISI indexed).
- Kinetic Models for adsorption of Methyl Orange by chitosan based composite, International conference on green technology, 2015.
- Effect of polymer binder and degree of deacetylation in electrospinnability of chitosan, International conference on plastic, rubber and composite.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Polyvinyl Alcohol/Zinc Hydroxide Composite, 2nd International Conference on the science and Engineering materials.